7 Tips And Secrets In Car DetailingMar 15, 2023
As a car owner, you should take pride in keeping your ride looking its best. Detailing your car is an important part of that process, but there are some key tips to keep in mind to ensure you get the best results. In this blog post, we've rounded up seven essential tips for detailing your car that will take your efforts to the next level. From pre-washing to finishing touches, we've got you covered with expert advice to help you keep your car looking showroom ready. So let's dive into the world of car detailing.
- Always start by detailing the wheels: Detailing your wheels first ensures that you don't accidentally splash dirt or debris onto a freshly cleaned car. Use a wheel-specific cleaner and a soft-bristled brush to remove brake dust and grime.
- Always pre-wash the car before contact washing: A pre-wash removes the majority of dirt and debris from the car's surface, reducing the risk of scratches or swirls during contact washing. Use a foam cannon or pre-wash spray to loosen dirt before rinsing it off.
- Never apply a ceramic coating if you haven't decontaminated or polished the paint first: Applying a ceramic coating to dirty or contaminated paint can lock in imperfections, leading to a less-than-perfect finish. Always decontaminate and polish the paint before applying a ceramic coating.
- Steam is your best friend when it comes to interior detailing: Steam cleaners can penetrate upholstery and carpets, lifting dirt and grime without the need for harsh chemicals. They're also great for removing stains and deodorizing the interior.
- The one chemical you can pretty much use for everything: All-purpose cleaners like this one from chemical guys are a must-have for any detailer's toolkit. They're versatile and can be used on a variety of surfaces, from carpets to engine bays.
- Never clean windows in the direct sun: Direct sunlight can cause glass cleaner to dry too quickly, leaving behind streaks and smudges. Clean windows in the shade or when the glass is cool to the touch for the best results.
- Don't forget the finishing touches: After you've finished detailing a car, always double-check over your work to ensure you haven’t missed any spots. It’s also a good time to add any finishing touches like dressing tyres and the exterior plastics
By following these tips and secrets, you'll be able to achieve a professional-grade detailing job on your own. If you need help or have any questions, feel free to reach out.
As always, happy detailing!
Sign up for Detailer's Deep Dive -
my weekly newsletter where I share tips, practical advice and high-quality insights about car detailing and the industry
Your information is 100% safe and will never be shared